Wednesday, May 7, 2008

CVSing attempt (Stacy)

So I tried going to CVS today and it just didn't work like I expected.

I purchased:

Venus Embrace Razor, $9.99 on sale, -$4.00 coupon, $5.00 ECB, total 0.99
Colgate 360 Toothbrush, $3.99, -$1,00 coupon, $3.99 ECB, total overage of $1.00

If I had only purchased those 2 things t would have been okay.

CVS Petroleum Jelly, $3.49
Good N Plenty, $0.88

and the real disappointment was Zyrtec for Children. Walgreen's advertised it at $5.49 and CVS matched the price but I bought the wrong kind and did not earn any ECB's. I think I am going to return the Zyrtec. I only purchased it because I thought I was going to get ECB's and because I wanted to James to try it.

My total OOP was $17.89 and I earned $8.99 in ECBs. I didn't realize that you can not carry over any ECB's. So in order to use my ECB that says $5.00 I have to use the whole $5.00 at once.

I am interested to read what others have bought with ECB's. I know Laurie had some success with CVSing. Hopefully she will post about it and Heather will post about some of her great ideas on how to get paper for scrap booking from invitation makers.

1 comment:

Bethanne said...

Stacy,
I had seen your post on Money Saving Mom about CVS and the coupons go to Iheartcvs.com sign up for her email and she will email you the coupon for the 3/15 and the 4/20 her site is wonderful. Do to CVS new policy she can not have them on her site so that is why she has to email them to you. I hope this helps if you have any questions I will do my best to help you.