Wednesday, May 14, 2008

CVS Try 2

So, I went to CVS today and it went much better this week than last week. For $1.51 I purchased 3 Colgate toothpaste tubes, 1 Aquafresh, 1 Schick Intuition razor and 3 Soy Joy bars. I used $10 ECBs and made $14.99 ECBs. I used coupons for everything plus the "get $4 off when you spend $20" CVS coupon.

I also searched several CVS stores looking for the Hawaiian Tropic Lip balm. Finally, at the 3rd (in Trinity, about 30 minutes from my house (I had to go up there anyway)) store I found it and earned $10 ECBs there. If I had been better organized I could have used some ECBs to cover the cost ($1.99 each) but I wasn't well organized so I just paid it out of pocket.


Between the 3 transactions at CVS in two weeks I have spent about $22 and currently have about $20 in ECBs to spend. Not to bad but I am not thrilled with purchasing stuff I would not normally purchase. I will stick with it over the next few weeks and if I can continue to have very little out of pocket it will be worth it to stock up on things.

(Edited to add MamaSavesMoney found the Hawaiian Tropic lip balm at a store in Dunedin at the corner of 580 and Keene/CR1)

No comments: