Monday, June 16, 2008

What should a diaper cost

I hate paying too much for diapers or even worse not knowing if I am getting a good deal or not. I use to buy Pampers Cruisers exclusively at Sam's because I saw a TV show a few years back that said the wholesale cubs, like Sam's and Costco, were the best place to buy diapers because they would have the cheapest price. Well, you can imagine my surprise when I found the exact same diapers box (same size and number of diapers) at Publix for the same price and Publix allows coupons. Sam's does not.

Since I made this discovery I have been on a mission to buy diapers at the cheapest price possible. I buy Proctor and Gamble Pampers but am willing to switch between the Cruisers (my preferred) and the Baby Dry. I had a bad experience with Huggies and try to stay away from them but for the right price I might consider switching.

I hate how in the Sunday circulars each week, the stores never list the exact size and quantity they advertise as being on sale. For instance the flier will list a mega box as being on sale but they don't ever tell you how many are in the mega box so you can not price compare and determine if it's the best price.. This makes it really hard to know if your getting a good deal or not. Angie at Baby Cheapskate has simplified the process for Premium Diapers and Luvs by putting the quantity for each type of box (mega, super ega, jumbo, etc.) in a spread sheet.


How many diapers per pack?


Thanks Angie!!

No comments: